TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Traveling with Dogs

Discussion in 'Model X' started by bonnie, Jul 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

While I'd prefer never to leave a dog in the car, there are times on a roadtrip where there is no choice. I saw different signs left on car windows online & ordered some static cling signs from signs.com. They work on the inside of outside of the window (both sides cling). This one is stuck to the passenger window, from the inside.

A few people have asked me for the design - you're free to update it with your cell number. Just follow this link: https://www.signs.com/design/?id=4c72a9f4-fa29-447e-9b78-e9c217395c55

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 10.33.04 AM.png

• Like x 10
    • Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. dhcp

dhcp Member

#2 dhcp, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Freaking brilliant. Printing two, thank you! Shipping a little pricey but still cheaper than broken glass!

3. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

Amazing! Need this for my 4 dogs.

4. carteriii

carteriii Member

I use two printed signs (normal white paper, mounted on cardboard) that I put on either side of my dog crate. Since the MX back windows are already so dark, I thought it better to draw less attention (than a sign on the window) and I presume that if someone is truly looking in at the dog & crate then they should see one of my signs. At least that's my theory, and I hope I'm never proven right or wrong. I also realize this approach doesn't work so well if your dog is loose and more likely to be visible.

5. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

fantastic - much cheaper than a broken window :cool:

6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

That's a great idea, I just ordered two as well. Where are the dogs from, do you have a link for that too? I hope the dogs arrive at the same time as the signs.

• Funny x 3
  7. hly

hly Member

Can you add explicitly that AC is on? for example "A/C is on and interior temp is 65F"

8. electracity

electracity Active Member

Dogs Freezing! Must Break Window!

• Funny x 4
  9. idoco

idoco Member

We have about five signs on our Tesla when we park it with the dogs. One on every window so you can't miss them. Still doesn't stop people from calling the police.

My wife had it happen once. She had to show the cop the AC was on and the car was cold. He was like, "ok", and went on his way.

10. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Great post....

11. bonnie

You can edit the sign any way you want. The link just takes you to my design. Some people have also suggested adding that it's an electric car.

12. bonnie

Traveling w Dogs - Pro Tip #2: To keep the dogs from jumping in the front seat when I"m not there, I just take my Tesla umbrella that I keep in the side door pocket, open it, and leave it on the center divider between the seats.

I don't think it's the barrier so much that stops them - I think it's more a belief that the front seats are full of umbrella.

• Love x 2
  13. electracity

electracity Active Member

Now you can just add Bonnie's cell phone number to your signs and have no more worries. Isn't TMC great!

• Funny x 5