TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Travelling Montreal to Manhattan / NYC

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by vchadha, Oct 23, 2015.

1. vchadha

vchadha Member

Model S 70D.

I am travelling from Brossard to Manhattan. Since I only have a total range of 385km it is a stretch to reach the Albany supercharger which is 345km from Brossard. So far i have travelling at an average speed of 60mph.

So far so good. Will keep you posted.

b49df673e64c725d2213e3522941463b.jpg

2. FrederikBoivin

keep it up!
    J'irai moi à NYC en Novembre... bien hâte de voir. And my first long trip (1000 km) in two weeks...

3. JohnQ

JohnQ Active Member

Hopefully that north wind will help you out.

4. vchadha

vchadha Member

So I arrived at the Albany supercharger with 8miles to spare. Overall a very relaxed journey with autopilot and auto steering. I left Brossard with a full charge showing 375km. I initially travelled at an average speed of 90kmh and then once I entered US via LaColle border my average speed was 60mph Outside temp was 1dec celcius.

5. vchadha

vchadha Member

Just in case you have issues for what ever reason always have a plan B especially in winter when it drops below zero. There are many level 2 chargers along the way.

6. richardl007

richardl007 Member

Do you think a 85D would be able to do Montreal > Albany in the winter on a cold day?

7. vchadha

vchadha Member

85D i would think so. You just may have to slow down a little. Just have plan B avail to use level 1 on route. I recall two Hampton Inn have them. Check out evtripplanner.com