Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TRC P100D runs 10.4!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome.

It's clear that weight reduction and in the right place, made a big difference here.

Different tracks, but this is nearly 2 tenths quicker than the prior record set just a couple of days ago, and a significant improvement over that same car's prior best before the weight reduction.

I believe that in his video he says that they've run multiple 10.7s. To go from 10.7 to 10.4 after doing nothing more than removing 30lbs off the front end of the car, there's no denying that made a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: St Charles
I've read all of the comments following the YouTube video.

He makes no mention of, nor does he alludes to, any other weight reduction aside from the frunk removal for the purposes of this 10.44 pass.

He does however state that further weight reduction efforts aside from the current frunk removal may be utilized in future runs.

Since the only claim he has made regarding weight reduction is the frunk removal, and his videos over these last several months appear to be on the up and up, I am inclined to believe that his improvement to this point , i.e. achieving 10.44 over his prior bests in this low options version of the car, is related to his frunk removal and no other weight reduction efforts thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: EinSV
I've read all of the comments following the YouTube video.

He makes no mention of, nor does he alludes to, any other weight reduction aside from the frunk removal for the purposes of this 10.44 pass.

He does however state that further weight reduction efforts aside from the current frunk removal may be utilized in future runs.

Since the only claim he has made regarding weight reduction is the frunk removal, and his videos over these last several months appear to be on the up and up, I am inclined to believe that his improvement to this point , i.e. achieving 10.44 over his prior bests in this low options version of the car, is related to his frunk removal and no other weight reduction efforts thus far.
I agree but I suspect that this was a different track with better preparation. One track that I go to rarely (too far away) is 0.1 sec faster than my usual one.