Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Treble in negative to not hear static...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zambono

Mar 1, 2016
DC
I have converted some iTunes purchased songs to aiff and when I have the UHFS system at a higher volume 9+ if the treble is not at -3.5 or -4 I hear static. Anybody else hearing this? Also what is up with each volume settings having like 3 clicks, it is very annoying. Either show all clicks as unique numbers or consolidate and again number each one.

Each click is a separate volume level. Why worry about it? It gives you finer granularity.

What are your equalizer settings? Can't believe you are listening at 9 unless eq settings are unusual.

Why did you convert your m4a files to aiff? Are you playing off a USB stick?

Yes off of USB to have the best sound possible, at least for testing purposes. So at 9+ I have my eq at 0 for bass, -4 for mid, -3 or so for the treble. No dolby, and the fade balance at -2 for both.

I have not been able to test as well with Slacker since I can't rewind a specific song, but it does seem that Slacker volume is higher overall and I haven't noticed the static. Again hard to test since I would have to identify a good song, then either pause and then raise volume and adjust settings etc.

When you hear the static next, start moving around the car (while stopped!) to figure out which speaker it's coming from. It could be that one of the small drivers that bear most of the responsibility of producing treble is blown or damaged. Check the ones at the base of the A pillars first.

When you hear the static next, start moving around the car (while stopped!) to figure out which speaker it's coming from. It could be that one of the small drivers that bear most of the responsibility of producing treble is blown or damaged. Check the ones at the base of the A pillars first.

If that is the case playing with the fader and balance should be enough to identify , but I don't think that's the issue. I do convert the iTunes purchased music to aif but I thought that was better since its uncompressed.

Yes off of USB to have the best sound possible, at least for testing purposes. So at 9+ I have my eq at 0 for bass, -4 for mid, -3 or so for the treble. No dolby, and the fade balance at -2 for both.

Instead of suppressing things so all settings are zero or below, try and set bass at 3, mid at -1 and 0 for treble. Then you should be running at a lower volume level for same sound output.

The system supports AAC and at 256 kbps converting to aiff shouldn't improve the sound. You are just making bigger files.

Instead of suppressing things so all settings are zero or below, try and set bass at 3, mid at -1 and 0 for treble. Then you should be running at a lower volume level for same sound output.

The system supports AAC and at 256 kbps converting to aiff shouldn't improve the sound. You are just making bigger files.

Thanks Gary I have been playing around a little with the audio today. Fading from left to right, it seems the left tweeter has less hiss than the right. I need to take my USB to the service center someday and compare with one of those.