Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Treefrog roof rack for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be getting my new Model X sometime in Q1 2022 and am looking for solutions to transport at least 2 pairs of skis. I found these suction cup racks specifically made for the model X. Does anyone have experience with these ?

I originally planned to maybe use the official tesla tow hitch ski rack but just now realized that it is not sold in europe.......

Reactions: scottf200
How long are your skies? May be you don't need any modification. I modified the transverse part supporting the very front of the upper trunk floor. I have made a special piece replacing the oem transverse part when transporting skies. This part is with "holes" for the ski ends to protrude into the front under the rear seats. 20191010_121945.jpg

I will be getting my new Model X sometime in Q1 2022 and am looking for solutions to transport at least 2 pairs of skis. I found these suction cup racks specifically made for the model X. Does anyone have experience with these ?

I originally planned to maybe use the official tesla tow hitch ski rack but just now realized that it is not sold in europe.......
I have used them on my MX and they are so awesome. My trips to Vemdalen från Stockholm took at least 6 hours and they were sitting steady in the whole trip. Childish easy to install. I am going to order another pair this year.

I have used them on my MX and they are so awesome. My trips to Vemdalen från Stockholm took at least 6 hours and they were sitting steady in the whole trip. Childish easy to install. I am going to order another pair this year.
thanks for your reply ! did you experience any issues with the falcon wing doors not opening propery due to the extra weight of two pairs of skis ? I have talked to another owner who decided not to open the door at all once the rack was installed. he would remove the skis from the rack before opening the doors.