Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Treehugger on the range of the Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberbougnat/sets/72157615995150733/
3395047243_311e6a7774.jpg
3395853992_c620ed23ef.jpg

3395852204_fa3ebf3099_b.jpg

Thanks. I saw Tesla advertised this on their events page last week (first one for a while). I wondered if photos would show up.

I guess we now know the plate number for VP29.

BTW, that's quite some way from Monte Carlo. I wonder if there was an HPC somewhere en route.

The original le blog auto article is very good too if you can read French. I thought the description of the pit stops was pretty funny. It seems a lot was done to maximise range, including smoothing gaps with plastic film and hypermiling-style driving.

It also says after the event, Heinz-Harald Frentzen was at the wheel of his roadster for a night race - but it is unclear if the "his" relates to HHF or Tesla (at least it is unclear to me with my French ability). Nevertheless, that is the second time his name has come up in connection with the car.

My favorite quote:
"Tesla was so adamant about losing time as the pee break his crew looked to pit stops of the best teams in Formula 1: blinking right - stop - unzipping fly - fly rezippage - flashing left - start."

... It seems a lot was done to maximise range, including smoothing gaps with plastic film and hypermiling-style driving...

Rembember we did the math on all the other cars tested by Top Gear and found that while a hard driven Roadster would only get 48 (ish) miles around their track, the total miles done by the Ferrari, etc were in the exact same range per tank..

Now I would like to see a test where those same exotics were hyper-milked for max mileage per tank.

No one will ever do it but it's fun to think about.

Last edited: