Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trend Micro identifies SentryKeeper as ransomware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to actually read the monthly report from my virus program and was shocked to see it claim that SentryKeeper contains ransomeware.

Anyone else had this?

Possible some bad actor infected the program after I downloaded it. But I haven't had any virus problems for a long long time.

I D/L'ed the app from the Google play store, they call it TeslaCam / Sentry Reviewer
I have not used the app yet, I'm still waiting for 120GB USB/SSD to arrive.

I'm curious how they plan to implement Ransom ware. The pictures are transferred from the car to the USB/drive after which you use the software to process the pictures. Its not going to affect the operation of the car.

There is also a PC version of the software which you can run in Sandboxie, if your concerned about a virus.

I D/L'ed the app from the Google play store, they call it TeslaCam / Sentry Reviewer
I have not used the app yet, I'm still waiting for 120GB USB/SSD to arrive.

I'm curious how they plan to implement Ransom ware. The pictures are transferred from the car to the USB/drive after which you use the software to process the pictures. Its not going to affect the operation of the car.

There is also a PC version of the software which you can run in Sandboxie, if your concerned about a virus.
========
Is Sandboxie different than Windows 10 Sandbox? I presume it is. I just got the Windows 10 sandbox to work but haven't figured out how to get stuff to run in it. I copied the desktop icon for SentryKeeper and pasted it in Sandox but it said there was no such program. Hmmmm.

Is Sandboxie different than Windows 10 Sandbox? I presume it is. I just got the Windows 10 sandbox to work but haven't figured out how to get stuff to run in it. I copied the desktop icon for SentryKeeper and pasted it in Sandox but it said there was no such program. Hmmmm.

Sorry I can't help you more, I'm still running win7 .... you might also query YouTube