TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tri Moter - plaid mode?

Discussion in 'Cybertruck: Driving Dynamics' started by geoffmanley, Dec 7, 2019.

1. geoffmanley

geoffmanley Member

Will the tri motor CT have a performance setting like plaid? Or will it be more like the M3 where you don't need a special setting for the quickest acceleration? The reason I ask is I would think they would limit the number of uses under warranty in a plaid mode to preserve the drive train especially in a heavy truck with a likely 200 Kwh battery pack.

2. Tessaract

Tessaract Member

I doubt any of this kind of "finer grained" detail is generally known yet.

3. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

Wait, the M3 only has 1 performance selection? My model x has chill, sport, ludicrous, ludicrous +

I expect the tri motor to have something similar, but instead of ludicrous it'll have another name

• Like x 1
  4. geoffmanley

geoffmanley Member

To be honest, it may have those other modes, but not a ludicrous or performance mode. I just want to know if the 2.9 acceleration is only for some special performance mode and whether it may or may not have a limited application.

5. pdx3181

pdx3181 Member

I hope it doesn't.

It should be 'chill' and 'sport'/'go'.

I understand the 'ludicrous' setting - but I don't like the warm-up time, etc.

I hope the Cybertruck has chill and sport - and that's it!

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  6. geoffmanley

geoffmanley Member

Yes, me too. I only worry about a special plaid mode that might be subject to a limited time warranty. As I understand the BMW M cars had a limited number of use for the "launch mode," covered under warranty. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm just still burned up by Wisconsin blowing a lead on OSU.

• Informative x 1
  7. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

I keep my car in ludicrous mode all the time. I hardly turn on L+ now, but the difference between the two is minimal. I'm thinking the CT will be the same, whereas the quick mode is something like 3.0 or 3.1 and not hugely slower than the full on mode

• Like x 1
  8. Mach Schnell!

Mach Schnell! P100D Pilot & future Tri-Motor CyberTruck Driver

I also leave mine in ‘basic’ Ludicrous mode all the time. No reason not to do so. I only use L+ to access “Max Battery” pre-heat to ensure my battery temperature is at least in high 70’s F, which yields at least motor output >600hp down to 70% SOC. I never use launch mode since initial 1/8th mile tests with Vbox to check performance.

9. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

Agreed. I'm guessing the CT will be the same, but will have another name for a mode besides ludicrous, and I doubt plaid. I'm guessing they save plaid only for the roadster and maybe model s?

10. JG T3SLA

JG T3SLA Member

Bet this will be the same as model 3 with just sport and chill modes. No switching over to different modes to condition the battery for launches.

• Like x 1