Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tri Moter - plaid mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the tri motor CT have a performance setting like plaid? Or will it be more like the M3 where you don't need a special setting for the quickest acceleration? The reason I ask is I would think they would limit the number of uses under warranty in a plaid mode to preserve the drive train especially in a heavy truck with a likely 200 Kwh battery pack.

Wait, the M3 only has 1 performance selection? My model x has chill, sport, ludicrous, ludicrous +

I expect the tri motor to have something similar, but instead of ludicrous it'll have another name
To be honest, it may have those other modes, but not a ludicrous or performance mode. I just want to know if the 2.9 acceleration is only for some special performance mode and whether it may or may not have a limited application.

Wait, the M3 only has 1 performance selection? My model x has chill, sport, ludicrous, ludicrous +

I expect the tri motor to have something similar, but instead of ludicrous it'll have another name

I hope it doesn't.

It should be 'chill' and 'sport'/'go'.

I understand the 'ludicrous' setting - but I don't like the warm-up time, etc.

I hope the Cybertruck has chill and sport - and that's it!

I hope it doesn't.

It should be 'chill' and 'sport'/'go'.

I understand the 'ludicrous' setting - but I don't like the warm-up time, etc.

I hope the Cybertruck has chill and sport - and that's it!
Yes, me too. I only worry about a special plaid mode that might be subject to a limited time warranty. As I understand the BMW M cars had a limited number of use for the "launch mode," covered under warranty. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm just still burned up by Wisconsin blowing a lead on OSU.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash

I expect the tri motor to have something similar, but instead of ludicrous
I keep my car in ludicrous mode all the time. I hardly turn on L+ now, but the difference between the two is minimal. I'm thinking the CT will be the same, whereas the quick mode is something like 3.0 or 3.1 and not hugely slower than the full on mode

I also leave mine in ‘basic’ Ludicrous mode all the time. No reason not to do so. I only use L+ to access “Max Battery” pre-heat to ensure my battery temperature is at least in high 70’s F, which yields at least motor output >600hp down to 70% SOC. I never use launch mode since initial 1/8th mile tests with Vbox to check performance.