Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tri motor and single motor have swapped production times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well darn.
It makes sense, we single motor folks pay the least and have the fewest reserves. Just sad it's at the end of 2022. I can't afford to go up to the dual motor, nor do I really need that much of a truck...so fingers crossed that production will go quickly and they start sooner in 2022 than expected!

Reactions: chr147
So when I first hear that the tri-motor was going to take so long to arrive I was puzzled. There is some rumor that the tri-motor drivetrain is the same as what will eventually be in the next gen model S which launches in late 2020. I think this new timeline makes some sense given they are the same drivetrain. Roughly 1 year to increase capacity of large battery pack and new 2 motor rear unit.

My warranty runs out in 2022. Then I'm on my own for fixes. It will be my daily driver . I dont need all that , I've got war wagon.

Attachments

• 20190606_113148.jpg
    20190606_113148.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 130
Glad I ordered both so I was covered either way. Anyhow this may be the longest two years of my life...
OT, but just wanted to say sorry for all the notifications you got about me disliking your post repeatedly. I kept fat fingering the phone screen and was too lazy to zoom in. Finally hit the thumbs up button on the fourth attempt. :)

But yeah, I’m in the same boat... I haven’t anxiously wished away two years of my life in a very long time.

I feel like a kid on the longest Christmas Eve ever.