Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tri-View - Left, Rear & Right Cameras - Spoiled me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
The new version 24.6.1 adds left and right repeater camera side views on each side of the rear camera view when we are in Parking Assist mode. If you have not seen it yet, trust me, you are going to think its awesome. Its a live view. You can see everything moving on both sides as well as the read.

But we see it only when Park Assist mode. And we see the image of the car ready to auto park.
Okay Tesla, you have shown me what you can do. Now I need you to give me this option. You spoiled me. When you show me what you can do to make my car safer, I want even more.

Give me a single row of views just like the one where the left repeater is showing and the right repeater is showing, but put the rear view the same sizes as each of those and put it in the middle between them.

And I want to be able to tap on any of those three and bring that camera view I tapped up and as large as the normal rear camera when its up. Then when I tap it again, it shrinks back to the small size with all three, left, rear and right in a row.

Don't misunderstand. I still want as my option to view the rear camera on the screen below the maps when I bring them up. And I also want a choice to bring up this tri-view of left, rear and right as a choice at the bottom of map screen.

If you like this idea that I am asking for; help me get it. Go over to Tesla Ideas and vote for it, please.
Tri-view of Left, Rear and Right cameras

The new version 24.6.1 adds left and right repeater camera side views on each side of the rear camera view when we are in Parking Assist mode. If you have not seen it yet, trust me, you are going to think its awesome. Its a live view. You can see everything moving on both sides as well as the read.

Not just Park Assist, any time you are in reverse or display the rear-view camera. You just have to swipe up on the screen to see all the cameras (there is a new arrow at the bottom to remind you to do this) .. or swipe down to hide them (the swipe was in the release notes).

That's a great idea @Akikiki!

Sort of how the in-car Sentry Viewer works but for the Park Assist interface.
I can do you one better (I think)...

How about in addition to that, the side repeater camera feed appears on the Instrument Cluster on S and X every time you switch on your turn signals. Sort of like on the 2020 Hyundai Sonata.

This would be hard to implement on Model 3 and Y due to the lack of Instrument Cluster, but we need to differentiate the "top of the line models", don't we... :D

Reactions: Tom_S100D_2020