Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trial of Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone post a photo of how and where the message shows how many days of trail period they have? I've heard it is in the Autopilot settings in the car but I don't see anything. My situation is:
Purchased Autopilot for 3k in March 2019, did not purchase FSD. Car delivered on 3/28 with all features (summon, autopark etc). I assumed my "trial" would end after 60 days. It has been 67 days and I still have all those features. No where in my settings does it say that my trial period is ending. (Read on this thread that the lack of warning may be a software issue, maybe that is what is going on?)
If I enter my online account it gives me the option to purchase FSD for ~6k.

I am very lost, anyone else in this situation?

It doesn’t sound like you are on any trial. If you go to your account page on the Tesla.com website what options does your car show as having?

Can someone post a photo of how and where the message shows how many days of trail period they have? I've heard it is in the Autopilot settings in the car but I don't see anything. My situation is:
Purchased Autopilot for 3k in March 2019, did not purchase FSD. Car delivered on 3/28 with all features (summon, autopark etc). I assumed my "trial" would end after 60 days. It has been 67 days and I still have all those features. No where in my settings does it say that my trial period is ending. (Read on this thread that the lack of warning may be a software issue, maybe that is what is going on?)
If I enter my online account it gives me the option to purchase FSD for ~6k.

I am very lost, anyone else in this situation?
I would just not say anything.
Keep enjoying it. Lol

Just finished my free 30-day trial. I was able to use it for my trip from Southern California to Northern Washington and back. Used it a little the first and second day but not at all after that. Glad I didn't order it with the car. If they offered it to me for $1,000 I might consider it. Hope it becomes more refined over time.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Just finished my free 30-day trial. I was able to use it for my trip from Southern California to Northern Washington and back. Used it a little the first and second day but not at all after that. Glad I didn't order it with the car. If they offered it to me for $1,000 I might consider it. Hope it becomes more refined over time.
That was my reaction on it when I was on trial. Phantom brake was the the main reason I was hesitant to use it more often.
I think Tesla would sell more AP and FSD if they didn't offer free trial because people will have to buy it to experience it and most Tesla buyers are curious.
After the trial people get turned off by their flaws.
But summoning is nice..

Reactions: OCR1
For those of us who bought without autopilot and did not have an opportunity to have the trial loaded into our cars (this was copied from the FAQ on the Tesla website):

Can I try Autopilot before purchasing?
You can experience Autopilot on a test drive at one of our Tesla store locations. New owners and those who have not already upgraded to Autopilot are also eligible for a trial. This provides you with the opportunity to experience our latest driver assistance features at no cost.

I am still hoping for the price to drop below $3K.

I am still hoping for the price to drop below $3K

It may drop below $3,000, but at some point you need to ask yourself how much the convenience is worth.

I doubt it will ever drop below $2,000 anytime soon. We had a 1,300 mile road trip looming, and decided to bite the AP bullet. Even if it drops to $2,000 tomorrow, we won't regret the purchase because it made the roadtrip a breeze.

It may drop below $3,000, but at some point you need to ask yourself how much the convenience is worth.

I doubt it will ever drop below $2,000 anytime soon. We had a 1,300 mile road trip looming, and decided to bite the AP bullet. Even if it drops to $2,000 tomorrow, we won't regret the purchase because it made the roadtrip a breeze.

Thanks, I'm on an Island, retired and I don't have a daily traffic commute. It will only be a perk for me in the rare occasion I have to commute in traffic returning from my favorite surf spots! ;)

Reactions: willow_hiller
For those of us who bought without autopilot and did not have an opportunity to have the trial loaded into our cars (this was copied from the FAQ on the Tesla website):

Can I try Autopilot before purchasing?
You can experience Autopilot on a test drive at one of our Tesla store locations. New owners and those who have not already upgraded to Autopilot are also eligible for a trial. This provides you with the opportunity to experience our latest driver assistance features at no cost.

I am still hoping for the price to drop below $3K.

so do you request a trial? how?