Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trial of Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone has had an offer to tryout the Autopilot for cars ordered after the March 1st changes.

If so what was the price that was offered for you to add that feature at the end of the trial.

Also, was the trial offered was including the features that where previously included in the EAP, such as ALC, or just the AP (TACC and Autosteer) ?

Juggling with the idea to add it before or after delivery and the advantage/disadvantages associated with each scenario.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Anyone has had an offer to tryout the Autopilot for cars ordered after the March 1st changes.

If so what was the price that was offered for you to add that feature at the end of the trial.

Also, was the trial offered was including the features that where previously included in the EAP, such as ALC, or just the AP (TACC and Autosteer) ?

Juggling with the idea to add it before or after delivery and the advantage/disadvantages associated with each scenario.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

As I just started a 60 day trial myself, I’m also interested in the price people may have been offered after the trial.

I'm wondering this too
I took delivery on my model 3 MR 1 week ago (3/29/19) with basic AP purchased.

I have no free trial for FSD. Is this normal? I was really hoping for that 1 or 2 month trial and having a reduced price for FSD after.

Before delivery, the price rolls into loan.
After delivery, cash (or 18% on credit card)

or credit card points+ pay balance in full. I get 2.5% back on my USAA card. Only worth it if the trial & delivery price is similar or get in a on limited time sale which Tesla does from time to time

Last edited:
Starting from March 25ft AP trial will be 60 days and price will be 3500$ for AP and 5000$ for FSD if bought before the end of the trial period.
I took delivery June 2018 and have a 14 day trial. It says Service Temporally Unavailable if I try to Purchase to see price in the car. On the web I have AP for $3,000 and FSD for additional $5,500. Interesting the split is different but total is the same.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I’m also showing $3K for AP, $5,500 for FSD. Pre-delivery the AP price was also $3K but FSD was $5,000, so it’s gone up $500 post delivery. I didn’t want either of them before at those prices so I’ll probably hold out and see if they have any sales down the road.

If I drove on the highways more frequently I’m sure I would feel differently. But for my almost exclusively city driving it seems pointless.

I bought AP. I guess I'm not in the trial. it says trial nowhere on any of my screens, and I never signed up for one. I do have nav on autopilot, and I don't exactly know why. Do I somehow have EAP? Since I ordered on Feb 28, the day of the changeover?

I just chatted online with, and called Tesla. x2, both told me FSD is $7k, even during the trial. Another guy told me it's $5,500, but I have to somehow contact service to get the price changed. I'm confused, but not enough to pay $7k. that just seems silly, even if it's $8k next week.