TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Triangle NC: Tire rotation

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by BenC, Sep 28, 2019.

1. BenC

BenC New Member

I live in Chapel Hill and work in RTP. Where do you guys go for a tire rotation? I'm at 7,500 miles and have heard many times on forums about making sure the tire place lifts the car properly.

Anyone used Chapel Hill Tire?

Or discount tire on High House/55 in Cary?

I've heard the Tesla Service Center charges a lot.

I'm not one to do this on my own.

Thanks!

2. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Yes, the Tesla Service center does charge a lot!

The Discount Tire you mention does do tire rotations (or so I have heard...I have not had direct experience).

I tried to take it to the Snappy Lube on Leesville Road (near the Tesla service center) and they told me they did tire rotations, but NOT ON TESLAs (I did appreciate the fact that they knew they were not capable).

Wherever you go, I would quiz them first. Ask them if they've ever rotated the tires on a Tesla and are aware of the need for special procedures when lifting the car. If they can't adequately explain that they need special adapters for the Tesla's lift points, then don't use them.

3. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

I had mine rotated at 55/high house. They use 4 floor jacks to do it. I took in my own 4 jack pucks and was happy with the service.