Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Triangle with exclamation Mark! What’s abnormal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed this sign today on my MS cluster graph when I got in to drive my kid to school. Never seen this before. Only thing is the temp is in like 40s. What is this?
it went away after a while driving....and came back but then went away again.

Attachments

• 2FABC4FD-7DED-4FBF-90C8-8EEB6E7C5B7E.jpeg
    2FABC4FD-7DED-4FBF-90C8-8EEB6E7C5B7E.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 592
Whenever I have seen that there is also a dotted line around the regen part of the dial showing how much regen is limited due to low temp. Maybe it is telling you max regen is not available but not limiting it too much?

Whenever I have seen that there is also a dotted line around the regen part of the dial showing how much regen is limited due to low temp. Maybe it is telling you max regen is not available but not limiting it too much?

The triangle with the exclamation mark comes on in that spot between the dashed lines and no triangle. I get it when I'm driving a very cold car long enough that the dashes are gone but the battery still isn't up to full operating temperature.

Not a technical response, but anecdotally I see the same thing.

Reactions: drklain
The triangle is to alert you that there has been a change, and it disappears after a short while. It will reappear for a short time when there has been any change to alert you things are different. When the regen changes (Increases or decreases), this may change the way the car slows down. Changes with power output may also change the way the car runs.

• Informative
Reactions: pabla
I had a similar issue a few weeks ago where the triangle would stay on in the cluster, but the dashed lines would toggle on and off. I'm guessing that it was right on the edge of the temperature limit, so it was in a bit of a weird state. Seems to me that the Tesla software engineers need to learn about hysteresis.