TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trick to Fob Summoning

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by omarsultan, Apr 11, 2016.

1. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Is there a trick to get fob summoning to work. I have no problem summoning with the app, but when I try using the fob, it results staring at the MX and the MX returning a disinterested stare back.

My understanding is I should press on the "roof" of the fob until lights flash, then press on the trunk/frunk of the fob as appropriate, but I never get to the light-flashing part.

Any ideas?

2. emchen

emchen Member

I've had that happen once after being able to successfully summon with the fob repeatedly. I rebooted the system by pushing on both thumb wheels on the steering-wheel for a few seconds. Fob control returned afterwards.

3. Nismode

Nismode Member

Fob summoning is currently only available on Model S equipped with AP Convenience features. Model X summon is done solely through the app.

• Informative x 1
  4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Ah, thanks...

5. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

According to the release notes, Summon on Model X using the key fob will be available in a future software update.