Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trick to keep your HVAC system fan speed at 11 even in range mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great tip! I wish Tesla would not limit the fan speed in Range Mode as it can't make that much of a difference in energy consumption anyway.

Speaking of Range Mode, why do they even call it that when the dash HVAC display calls it Eco (or Econ) mode? Let's call it one or the other, and I vote for Econ since Range Mode sounds like something else entirely.

Great tip! I wish Tesla would not limit the fan speed in Range Mode as it can't make that much of a difference in energy consumption anyway.

+1. I never thought this made any sense. Fans do take some power, but nowhere near significant compared to the heater. They could simply limit the auto setting to 8, but let you manually dial it to 11.

Speaking of Range Mode, why do they even call it that when the dash HVAC display calls it Eco (or Econ) mode? Let's call it one or the other, and I vote for Econ since Range Mode sounds like something else entirely.

Yeah, especially since there was an utterly different Range Mode on the Roadster. (Though most people have never driven one, I guess.) Eco Mode would be clearer, I think.

Totally agree. It should be called Eco and easily accessible from the main screen without going in deep settings.

Thumbs Up. Good tip
Grazie!
This trick really is nice with the AC. Range Mode AC has kept me freezing even when we had 100+ Degree days. Takes SLIGHTLY longer to get it cold in the car, as in, maybe a few minutes difference. Plus, you can always start it off with range mode off, then flip range mode on once it's at desired temps. Energy reduction I have found to be SIGNIFICANT! And coupled with FogPro on the windows, recirculating interior air to allow use of #11 on range mode in the winter without windows fogging cut my winter power usage by an additional 25%, even more when I can run the heat without the pack warmer kicking in.