Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tricking cameras to show front

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a "work around" to get the camera view on the screen when one would need it in forward for parking situay movement...vs just rear. Pulling into my garage for instance never know what the kids have put in the wrong place
I could do it in my MB I simply hit the camera button...alas I think that button or icon missing...but maybe someone out there in Tesla world has a way...thanks in advance

Is there a "work around" to get the camera view on the screen when one would need it in forward for parking situay movement...vs just rear. Pulling into my garage for instance never know what the kids have put in the wrong place
I could do it in my MB I simply hit the camera button...alas I think that button or icon missing...but maybe someone out there in Tesla world has a way...thanks in advance
No, there is no such feature. However, your MB probably had a camera on the front of the car in the grille. The Tesla forward facing cameras are in the windshield, so not much further forward or higher than your head. IOW, it probably wouldn't do you much good if it did exist. However, when you're looking forward, you should be able to see your garage before you pull in, and the radar sensors behave as parking sensors providing a visual in the IC once you're getting close to a wall or something.

You know, I could've sworn I've seen a video of someone switching to a front camera. I can even visualize the UI for swapping. Maybe I'm remembering a mod video I watched a long time ago.

EDIT: Oh, hahaha this person added a camera switcher and made the trigger for switching listen for a garage door signal. Then they added that signal as a homelink option. Very cleaver!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jerseygirl18