Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tried to search for this...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sethr

CPO Roadster #1089
Mar 24, 2013
Fairfax, VA
Hi all, I tried to search, but I can't seem to find out if it's possible to turn off ALL the automatic driving features. I don't want my car steering, braking or doing anything for me. Is it possible to just drive a Model 3 "old style" - i.e. with complete manual control, no automatic anything, even warnings that I'm not in lane or such? I want to drive my 3, if I get one, like I drive my Roadster, (which unfortunately looks like it may be too expensive to be worth repairing - it seems my PEM may be kaput.:() Thanks.

Sorry, are you saying you have to turn off regen to turn off the "assistance items"? Last thing I'd want to do. I just want to have 100% control of my driving.
No, regen isn't linked to any of what you're asking about. It's separate. I'm not sure why that was suggested.

Although even with the "assistance" items turned on in the menu, you're still driving 100% manually until you specifically turn them on via the steering wheel stalk.

Buy a car without AP/FSD OR simply do not activate Lane Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control, use is optional.
Regen can only be set to Standard or Low and not Off but there are more options when using Track Mode in a Performance model.
Alert features can be trimmed but emergency safety features cannot be turned off (maybe in track mode? Not sure). See photos from non-AP car.
I think you’ll have to pull fuses of you want to run without any automatic traction control but Track Mode can probably get you the feel you are after.
Sorry to hear about the PEM.

C513E779-5B17-45B4-A03E-E7970A6692C0.jpeg F8716550-2AE5-42EB-A066-B3E606283283.jpeg 1FACF610-0986-41CF-9489-1456AF0A6DAA.jpeg