Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trim changed in Tesla app after repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. We have a 2020 Tesla Model X Long Range. It was rear ended in early February and we finally got it back a few days ago. Im not sure why but after the wreck the thumb drive was corrupted. A lot of the electrical components had to replaced during the repair.

When the repair shop put it all back together the car wouldn’t update. It was sent to Tesla and they replaced “an SD card for the computer that corrupted.”

The app now shows it as a Model X 100D instead of just Model X. It shifted when Tesla had it. It shouldn’t make a difference besides driving me nuts because it’s wrong- well, close to the right size but wrong trim name. 😂

Had anyone else had this happen?

Attachments

• FB7741B0-CABB-49C9-A802-97350A3108EB.jpeg
    FB7741B0-CABB-49C9-A802-97350A3108EB.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 884B2080-D6BC-4F20-B944-0A245A7C3AA7.jpeg
    884B2080-D6BC-4F20-B944-0A245A7C3AA7.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 61
Hi all. We have a 2020 Tesla Model X Long Range. It was rear ended in early February and we finally got it back a few days ago. Im not sure why but after the wreck the thumb drive was corrupted. A lot of the electrical components had to replaced during the repair.

When the repair shop put it all back together the car wouldn’t update. It was sent to Tesla and they replaced “an SD card for the computer that corrupted.”

The app now shows it as a Model X 100D instead of just Model X. It shifted when Tesla had it. It shouldn’t make a difference besides driving me nuts because it’s wrong- well, close to the right size but wrong trim name. 😂

Had anyone else had this happen?
I think some other folks had this happen recently. It was an issue with a software update if I recall.

Reactions: SteveinATX
Just got mine from service. Has this issue now... They did have to do something with a memory chip. No communication though. Basically get a message in the app that's its ready to pick up. Never got to talk to anyone about what they found, and now it shows up as a 100D?