TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trim installed poorly on driver's door and B-pillar - anyone else seen this?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by KalTorak, Jul 15, 2018.

1. KalTorak

KalTorak Member

I close my door, the interior trim panel pops off, leaving about a 3/16 inch gap between where it is and where it's supposed to be. I can pop it back into place, but at the price, that's sorta not the point.

And, of course, having found one flaw, I get hyper-sensitive about others; I think the trim on the driver's side B-pillar's loose, too.

Anyone else experienced this?

2. ramesses

ramesses Member

That happened to me. Had it in the service center for other stuff and when I brought that up, they said they would replace the clips that hold it all together. Haven't gotten the car back yet so we'll see.

3. Brettski

Brettski Member

This was a problem I had at delivery; there are about 10 clips inside holding the door panel to the door. I noticed it after I left because when I closed the door,the panel sort of rebounded back after the impact of the door closing. The service center said their policy is to replace them all, any time they remove a door panel. It should not be a quick service visit for you to get that fixed.

4. CJPonline

CJPonline Member

Same here....left side B pillar rattle....2 clips had to be replaced...quick fix by Tesla service

5. Brettski

Brettski Member

** typo in my previous post: SHOULD be a quick service visit....

6. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

I don't see why it shouldn't be. Oh, wait, kind of a...double negative... J/K! :D

• Funny x 2