Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I started my trip around noon today. I made it to Tifton at exit 61 and charging at the I-75 RV Park on a 50amp. Plenty of range to spare went 212 with 68 left. Gonna charge for a few hours then my last 105 miles to the Lake City Campground for a 50amp and a cabin.

Tomorrow is SuperCharger day Port Orange will be my first stop tomorrow.

I am going the same route from Nashville to Port Canaveral December 20. Stops will be Hilton Garden Inn in Marietta overnite charge, Tifton Ag Museum extra charge if needed, Lake Park Rv overnite and Port Orange. I would be very interested in your data if you are keeping it. Also passengers extra weight, avg speed etc. I am going with 2 grandkids so I am taking my time.

TNEVol I will work something up when I get back. The Ag Museum is out though. When I was there yesterday they said they no longer offer and haven't for close to a year. They had a flyer and sent me down to I-75 RV Park on Exit 61 (2 down). He charged me $7.00 for 3 hours and there was a Diner across the street. I stayed at the Lake City Campground and had a Cabin and 50amp for $40.00 sleeps 3ish. They have larger but it wasn't bad but zero problems with the 50amp. I have experienced a few issues with the 50amps at RV Parks overheating. More details to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Been an awesome day. Left the Lake City Campground around 6:30 stopped at the Port Orange Supercharger charged up in 45, all bays working. Then off to Port Lucie and charged at the Supercharger there. I had the fortune there to have a Dodge Charger pull up next to me and start taking a Supercharger apart. Struck up a conversation and found out HE was the Product Manager for the Superchargers and the CHAdeMO adapter. Lots of talking to make the time pass. He was installing some updates on the units and checking the installation. Super guy good talk.

Now I am sitting in the Service Center in Dania Beach, FL topping off. Before heading to my trade show and reverse the trip. They have a very nice showroom I will post some pictures later. VERY VERY busy with lots of looking and a few ordering.

It was a great day! A nerds dream day!

I've been following Earthdog's progress and am updating Recargo.

I'm trying to get the Tifton area Model S owner to check the museum situation. He's the one who originally recommended it, and people have successfully used it in just the last couple months. This might be confusion from an underinformed staffer.

Headed the rest of the way home today. I sure miss those Supercharges. How quickly you get spoiled. I spent last night at the Lake City Campground again. Now I am at Fair Harbor RV off exit 135 in Perry to add 70 miles to finish of the trip to home.

Fair Harbor RV
515 Mashallville Road Road
Perry, GA 31069
877-988-8844

Very friendly... Didn't know that I could charge there but glad to let me try. 3 hours for $10.00. In COntrast I called the KOA in Forsyth and they said yes we have 50amps but no there's won't work for cars. I tried to explain but it was futile so I went to the one on 135 instead.

Thanks Jeff, I've added that to Recargo: EV Charging Location - Fair Harbor RV park - Perry, GA

Were they generally friendly about / familiar with the concept of EV charging? How much did it cost, and for how long? Did the breaker hold at 40 Amps draw?