Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip from NYC to Cape Cod - Best Superchargers to stop at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be driving between NYC and Cape Cod. #blessed with so many Supercharges to pick from! I also have a CCS adapter to charge at EA/other networks.

Any recommendations on pitstops? Looking around for shops/restaurants by each charger is exhausting!

(In the MY LR - we only really need a 10-15m stop, but hey - what's the fun in that?)

If the trip planner doesn't send you up I95 and through the least amount of CT possible, ignore it and stick to I95. There aren't an awesome number of shops, mostly strip malls, but there's some okay places to eat. Skip the Milford, CT highway stop if it's suggested, that site sucks all the time. Mansfield, MA site has been reliable for me and there's a few places to eat in that plaza, but it's very out of your way.

Reactions: chris2222
Greetings from Cape Cod. Regarding superchargers:

The best food/shopping along that path will be in Mashpee on Cape Cod if you can make it that far.
Mystic, CT has a reasonable Mexican restaurant across the street.
Wareham, MA has a load of big box stores walking distance and some average food.

Reactions: chris2222
But +1 for Mashpee Commons charger. It's an older charger at only 120kW, but depending on what time you get there you can walk around for a while to stretch your legs, get some food, maybe do some shopping.

Something I've done several times is just get food on the way to the charger, then sit outside in the fresh air and eat while charging. Like when I'm heading south, for instance, stopping at Frank Pepe in New Haven for Pizza, then going to charge at the mall in Milford. If the pizza makes it that far. 🤣