Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Meter issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2016 MS 75D today had a weird display on the trip meter - it said total hours 350012 at the top and everything else in the display of current trip and since charged read all zeros. The zeros remained while driving but the minutes did track correctly. After several restarts of the main display and driving display I got all dashes where the zeros had been. Called Tesla and after 30 minutes on hold, got the "that's unusual - make a service center appointment" spiel. I reset both my Trip A and Trip B counters with no change.
Would doing a factory reset help? Any other suggestions to help regain functionality? Is this an eMMC issue?
Thanks.

My 2016 MS 75D today had a weird display on the trip meter - it said total hours 350012 at the top and everything else in the display of current trip and since charged read all zeros. The zeros remained while driving but the minutes did track correctly. After several restarts of the main display and driving display I got all dashes where the zeros had been. Called Tesla and after 30 minutes on hold, got the "that's unusual - make a service center appointment" spiel. I reset both my Trip A and Trip B counters with no change.
Would doing a factory reset help? Any other suggestions to help regain functionality? Is this an eMMC issue?
Thanks.

MCU1? Original eMMC daughter board?

I don't think a service reboot will help. It could just be the daughter board, and Tesla can let you know exactly what. You could try a factory reset, but it probably won't work. If everything else is working, you could just drive it with the trip not working until some other failure, unless the odometer is not working.

Had eMMC replace yesterday and fixed problem. MCU1 working normally except lost XM radio as a choice and am logged out of Slacker with no way back in.
1) Go to Audio settings (an icon), then Sources. Likely XM was set off, and you can turn it back on.
2) For Slacker, send Tesla service a note about it and that you need the password. They should send you your Slacker password (it's unique to each car).