Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip/Odometer toggle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb Question sorry!!!

On the small dash read out on my 2008 Roadster it is only show the "trip" miles. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch it to show actual or total miles. Can someone tell me how to toggle between trip and actual?

Thank you:cursing:

There is a small button on the steering column just a bit further than the keyswitch. It cycles between Trip, Odometer, and Range, and also can reset the Trip counter by pressing and holding the button.

Section 6-11 (page 50) of the manual here: http://webarchive.teslamotors.com/images/owners/Owners_Manual_online_wo_chapter_breaks.pdf

Roadster_ODO.JPG

Updated thread title to be more descriptive.

Dumb Question sorry!!!

On the small dash read out on my 2008 Roadster it is only show the "trip" miles. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch it to show actual or total miles. Can someone tell me how to toggle between trip and actual?

Thank you:cursing:
There have been some hacks that make that readout show MPH since most people can't see the needle at the top behind the steering wheel.

BTW the (less than ideal) MPH readout down by your left knee was a free software upgrade we got years after the car delivered.