TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trip/Odometer toggle?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by NapaValleyMike, Oct 4, 2013.

1. NapaValleyMike

Dumb Question sorry!!!

On the small dash read out on my 2008 Roadster it is only show the "trip" miles. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch it to show actual or total miles. Can someone tell me how to toggle between trip and actual?

Thank you:cursing:

2. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

On my 2.5 there is a small button on the steering column (in front of and below the key) that switches the display between trip and odometer.

3. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

There is a small button on the steering column just a bit further than the keyswitch. It cycles between Trip, Odometer, and Range, and also can reset the Trip counter by pressing and holding the button.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

There have been some hacks that make that readout show MPH since most people can't see the needle at the top behind the steering wheel.

BTW the (less than ideal) MPH readout down by your left knee was a free software upgrade we got years after the car delivered.

6. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

I did a search and couldn't find it - can you direct me to where this is discussed?

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

That topic is discussed in this thread: Speedometer visibility issues - Page 6

The OVMS based hack that rewrites the LCD is discussed here.