Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planner problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife said if I didn’t stop at the designated SC stations, they would not be prepared to charge our MYP quickly 🤔😳.. By following their plan they also control your mph.. I call it being controlled if you allowed it.
Your wife is right that the car will precondition for the station chosen in the planner. You can always manually select a closer station and it will precondition for that station.

I dont' think as a general rule the trip planner is attempting to control your speed per see. I believe this is more a function of it's algorithm to get you from Point A to Point B with stopping the fewest number of times. Maybe show your wife the plan from abetterrouteplanner.com. You can use your variables there.

I dont' think as a general rule the trip planner is attempting to control your speed per see. I believe this is more a function of it's algorithm to get you from Point A to Point B with stopping the fewest number of times. Maybe show your wife the plan from abetterrouteplanner.com. You can use your variables there.
Slight change - spending the least amount of time charging, not necessarily making the fewest stops....

As other have stated, they're not trying to control your speed. What I suggest is you use ABRP to plan your trip in advance and in the settings put the speed you plan to travel - I think the default is 65 so put it to 85 if you like, that's a good speed on that stretch. ABRP will then show you the trip with your actual planned speed and where you will have to stop as a result - obviously it will be more often. So it's a trade off - more speed equals more frequent stops and more charging time.

Reactions: Msicario
For what it is worth OP, I have had the same issue as of late, Tesla NAV is refusing to acknowledge SC's exist, like on all earth. Any route i take, it doesn't direct me to superchargers. Ive been at it with Tesla support since Wednesday, with engineers and such, basically my map data is faulty, and they're trying to figure out if it is the mcu or the data card? for the nav, anyway contact service, they helped me....also have a post on this too