Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip planner shows wrong charging time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I have some problems with my navigation, it shows wrong charging time to leave to next charging stop. It happened on my last road trip. For example, I need only a 10 min stop but the navigation want me to have a 30 min stop. And the second thing is that when I just use supercharger in my city it now days shows me the time I need to charge before I can depart, and this happen when I’m not using the navigation at all.

Can someone please help me? Or do you guys have the same problem?

I have mcu1
20996E41-B05B-449F-985B-0146F1018C60.jpeg

Did you have any waypoints defined in the navigation trip? I have noticed that if you have waypoints in a trip that's long enough to require supercharging, then all of the charging times are completely incorrect. It seems that in the current software, you can have waypoints, OR you can have a trip long enough for it to schedule supercharging stops, but not both at the same time.

Did you have any waypoints defined in the navigation trip? I have noticed that if you have waypoints in a trip that's long enough to require supercharging, then all of the charging times are completely incorrect. It seems that in the current software, you can have waypoints, OR you can have a trip long enough for it to schedule supercharging stops, but not both at the same time.

I have mcu1 so I don’t have any options to add waypoints, it’s just the trip planer witch are adding some charging stops.

But now for a couple of days it’s shows me 0 min to continue trip.
9F0B8ABB-DA49-409E-B93E-491AEBD2CE4D.jpeg

So in this case I will have 10% in Alvdal and I know this is kind a low because the way is through the mountains. Maybe it is me that don’t understand the trip planer😅. I can only say that this was different before and my car was showing the right time to continue trip. Maybe it’s nowadays it’s now that 10% is enough? But it is Model X from 2017 so I don’t trust it really much. Before, the car wanted to have about 20% on arrival.

Btw my car is on v10.2 (2021.24.28)

It's been a while since you made this post, so maybe you figured it out. Unless I am missing something, it seems to be working correctly. Perhaps you are not understanding what it is trying to convey to you. Example, if it is displaying "0" charge time that you circled, it simply means you can go ahead and continue with your trip and you will arrive at the next supercharge with 10% charge remaining (the display immediately below your red circle.

It's been a while since you made this post, so maybe you figured it out. Unless I am missing something, it seems to be working correctly. Perhaps you are not understanding what it is trying to convey to you. Example, if it is displaying "0" charge time that you circled, it simply means you can go ahead and continue with your trip and you will arrive at the next supercharge with 10% charge remaining (the display immediately below your red circle.
It’s been a while but the trip planer still not working. I know that if it’s shows 0 min then it’s mean that I can simply continue my trip, but after my trip back in June it always shows me 0 min to continue 😅. Here you have a better example.
3DA304AE-2A73-46F3-8FC0-35ED19B4E787.jpeg