TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trip Planning -- Raleigh NC to Tallahassee FL

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by CHGolferJim, Nov 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

#1 CHGolferJim, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Killing time thinking about a drive to Tally while refreshing delivery status.....

Anyone driven Greenville to Macon, or Savannah to Tifton? These appear to be manageable shortcuts vs routes suggested by supercharge.info and EVTripPlanner: for Savannah/Tifton, SI says 170 miles in 3:13, and EVTP says it would require 155 rated miles at ~50mph. Greenville/Macon is similar distance and speed. Looks like no problem if I watch the speed and weather is okay.

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Greenville to Macon would be a really new one.

3. pgiralt

pgiralt Supporting Member

According to Google Maps, going down I-95 to Jacksonville and then cutting over to Tallahassee is significantly faster. That said, it would require a range charge in Savannah for the 200 mile drive between Savannah and Lake City. I think that's still totally doable in a 70D, but might cause you more range anxiety than you'd like. If Kingsland, GA is open before you take your trip, you'll have no problem making the trip taking the I-95 route.