Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planning: St Louis to Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to plan a quick trip to Louisville, KY from West County St Louis. I have a 70D. It seems that both with the car's trip planner as well as EV Trip Planner, it saying I'll have to go thru Effingham and Indianapolis to make it to Louisville. Anyone tried any other alternatives to get there?

If you had an 85, I'd say that you can use my HPWC here to top off, then head on your way - it's 225 miles from my home to Louisville, which would be cutting it way too close for a 70D - offer's open, PM me for details if you need it.

Plugshare lists a campground in Lynnville, IN that you can use.

Tesla had Mt. Vernon, IL on its list of 2014 SC's but it disappeared. In December, 2014, they told me that they still had Mt. Vernon on their target map but very recently they told me they hadn't made any progress there.

Yep this one is a definite hole. I'm a St. Louis native who now lives in Florida. Plotting a trip to St. Louis or Kansas City would mean a long-cut up up through Ohio then across Indianapolis. The most direct route is Nashville to St. Louis which is about 330 miles, too long to make the hop without relying on a third party EV charger.

I was happy to see that there are expansions planned next year in the southern Illinois region that would alleviate this issue, though!

Yep this one is a definite hole. I'm a St. Louis native who now lives in Florida. Plotting a trip to St. Louis or Kansas City would mean a long-cut up up through Ohio then across Indianapolis. The most direct route is Nashville to St. Louis which is about 330 miles, too long to make the hop without relying on a third party EV charger.

I was happy to see that there are expansions planned next year in the southern Illinois region that would alleviate this issue, though!

My son is stationed at Moody AFB Ga and the most direct route is via 64 to Paducah to Nashville to Chattanooga then through Atlanta down to Valdosta Ga. The HOLE between St Louis and Nashville is a show stopper.

I'm holding off buying my CPO Tesla until that hole is plugged. BTW my son returned from the middle east injured and my wife and plan visits about every 6 weeks or so. I can't fool around with slow public or private chargers. I need to be able to get there in 12 hours or so to maximize out time with him as I still work.