Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've found EV Trip Planner to be quite accurate, if you are accurate with your speed, headwind, etc. We took an 8000 mile trip in our S90D last summer and every Super Charger stop was close to estimated. We usually arrived at our destination at the end of each day several minutes ahead of the plan.

We've taken an eastern California to Albuquerque trip as well. I chose to use I-40 and split the trip into 2 days to not arrive late into Albuquerque. We stayed in Winslow AZ at the La Posada Hotel; it has a pair of Destination Chargers which makes it easier by skipping the next Super Charger. We whole heartedly recommend La Posada if you like restored historic hotels. It was a fun place to stay.

Ken

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Ken, thanks for the tip and the recommendation for Winslow.

I'm planning a trip from Pasadena to Memphis mid-March, and have been working on the segments for the trip. EV Trip Planner is a pretty good tool, and Winslow looks like a better stop than Flagstaff for equalizing.

My big hole is I-40 through Arkansas, where there's nothing between Oklahoma City and Little Rock. I think my last overnight will be in Denton, TX.

So that would make my trip Pasadena -> Winslow -> Albuquerque -> Denton -> Memphis

One thing: My car isn't in EV Trip Planner. I have an S 100D, and the closest is S90D. Good enough, really.