Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip to Home Depot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't do this in the old car. (Much to my chagrin, one of the carpet screws under the seat popped off. Another item to the list....)

uploadfromtaptalk1364669995080.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk.

No way, no chance ... .EVER ... you'd see that in my S! Im already picturing that 4x6 sliding into the 17" during a regen.

Dude, you are crazy! I'd have paid some guy at HD to drive it home for me .... or better yet a neighbor.

Ah, please!

Had my arm and elbow protecting it constantly. Besides...they're 2x6's.

It's not a museum, you know! :)

And funny how a 2 minute vacuum and wipe made it look new again.

Sent via Tapatalk.

I had padding against the lift gate as well as around the wood to protect the seats.

No way regen would have caused any of those boards to move forward.

This is a blue collar car on the weekends, baby.

Sent via Tapatalk.
FWIW, I agree and my car, as beautiful and fancy as it is, is a workaday car. That said, if you weren't a bit nervous that you might have a sudden stop b/c a dog runs in front of you or another car abruptly stops or something, then you weren't thinking this through very well. You clearly chose to take the risk, I take risks too, just not sure I like the idea of that board driving into the touch screen...maybe a couple of tie down straps or something would have reassured me.

FWIW, I agree and my car, as beautiful and fancy as it is, is a workaday car. That said, if you weren't a bit nervous that you might have a sudden stop b/c a dog runs in front of you or another car abruptly stops or something, then you weren't thinking this through very well. You clearly chose to take the risk, I take risks too, just not sure I like the idea of that board driving into the touch screen...maybe a couple of tie down straps or something would have reassured me.

Well, I don't like that idea of a board flying into the touch screen either. But, that's not the point.

Was a 2 mile trip at max speed 35. Plus, my right arm would have effectively prevented any injury to the screen.

I know my route; I thought it through.

This is going to be great working car!

Sent via Tapatalk.

Heh, reminds me of taking a trip to HD with son to pick up a batch of 12' treated 2x4's; folded one side of the back seat down, closed the trunk down as far as it would go, and just had son sit in back and keep an eye on things. Only about a 7 mile drive, but definitely a bit light on the accelerator going up the freeway onramp!

I too had to cringe when thinking of the screen. Glad it all worked out, but I can see a possible product opportunity here. A booty or sock type thing that hooks onto the front seat backs and allows things to slide into it between the seats, preventing them from sliding forward. Like a big condom :biggrin: