TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trip to Richmond, BC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kunal, Apr 2, 2013.

1. kunal

kunal Member

So I'm planning to drive from the Seattle area (Kent to be exact) up to Richmond, BC. I am debating taking the Tesla vs. my ICE at home. I just called Mini of Richmond and they said they have charging stations but they stated that they are shut off after business hours. I also noticed a charging point in Cambie park. Anyone have any experience with these? Also how safe is the park, if I wanted to charge overnight?

I will be staying at a friends place near Cambie Plaza.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Kunal

2. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I think you mean the chargepoint chargers at cambie community center? If so that is a descent neghbourhood beside a park & high school. Should be ok to park for a while. But I would check up on your S every once in a while in case some kids are up to no good in the park.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

4. Orthonos

Orthonos Member

The city of Richmond just installed 5 chargers in publicly available areas and the newspaper said that they're currently free to use, but when I went to look at one, it looks like they'll eventually take credit cards down the road. The locations noted in the Richmond paper are: Richmond Olympic Oval, City Hall and 3 community centers (Steveston, Thompson, and Cambie).

The areas are all quite safe.