TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trip to San Diego - charging close to downtown?

Discussion in 'California' started by GuyGadois, Feb 17, 2016.

1. GuyGadois

GuyGadois Member

The family is taking a spring break Tesla road trip down to San Diego and plan on charging up near Qualcomm but that probably won't last us our 5 days in SD. We are staying near Balboa park and wanted to know where you fine people of TMC would recommend to charge while down in SD? I am not keen on driving back up to the Supercharger to top off. I am looking for another charging solution that isn't a standard outlet or busy mall charger. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

GG

2. HookBill

HookBill Member

Have you looked at Plugshare yet? There are a few direct DC chargers as well as J1772s in and around SD proper that would be closer to your destination that the SD SC itself.

3. markb1

markb1 Active Member

There are a couple downtown hotels with Tesla HPWCs:

Find Us | Tesla Motors,

The easiest thing to do might be to stay at one of those hotels and charge while you sleep.

4. Dwdnjck

Dwdnjck Member

Balboa park has chargers in several locations, including the zoo parking lot.

5. AskDrTodd

AskDrTodd New Member

how much does it cost typically to put 200 miles worth of charge on a P85 at a Blink station like the one in Balboa? just curious.

6. dweeks

dweeks Member

A Blink charger in Phoenix that I use from time to time gives me about 14 rated miles per hour.

7. kort677

kort677 Active Member

if you look up where you want to go using www.plugshare.com will answer many of your questions.