TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Trip to the mountains

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Sandiegodoug, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

first big trip out of city and I have a question. Left home with full charge
    (X100d). Made it with 44% left. Climbed to over 6000, and then down to 5000. Spent the night and charged to only 90% because wanted recombinant braking to slow us going down. What concerns me is battery wasn't full, it wasn't hot, but a little yellow triangle kept appearing, off and on. If it matters the average usage
    Over last 30 miles was -54. But battery was no where near full. Why the warning. Car worked perfectly.

2. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

3. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

I think regenerative braking can push 60-65KW into the battery at peak. Even if the battery isn't full it might not be able to take full power from going down hill over an extended period of time.

Not sure what your charge profile looks like, but on my car it drops below 65KW way before it gets to 90% full.