Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Triple App Screen on v9!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...its settings...

It's still a consolation prize because with this very tricky setting, it still does not allow the showing of any of these 2 at the same time:

camera, browser, energy, calendar, phone...

Such as Camera on top half and TeslaWinds.com on bottom half:

ueevftz.jpg

The triple app demo shows that the old way of dual app reconfigurability is technically achievable.

Please continue to e-mail to Tesla to make the positions of the apps at least as flexible as prior to V9.

How do people even think of trying to do stuff like that? It never would have crossed my mind to drag up from the app button, let alone drag two apps at once.
The current UI trend is to be minimal. Often that also means functionality is not user-discoverable, which is unfortunate. Buttons that don't look like buttons but might do something if you pull on them in one particular direction are particularly bad. Only yesterday, after reading someone's post about the feature, did I discover you could swipe the Navigate box to the right and it would auto-select your work or home address. That just seemed like a box you would tap to initiate navigation, but hidden functionality lurked unnoticed. o_O

The current UI trend is to be minimal. Often that also means functionality is not user-discoverable, which is unfortunate. Buttons that don't look like buttons but might do something if you pull on them in one particular direction are particularly bad. Only yesterday, after reading someone's post about the feature, did I discover you could swipe the Navigate box to the right and it would auto-select your work or home address. That just seemed like a box you would tap to initiate navigation, but hidden functionality lurked unnoticed. o_O

Yeah I found that myself this week nifty :)

I never saw them, only just got my MX last month but had Tesla provided an online source of release notes I may have know about it but sadly you have to guess.

In all fairness it could be in the manual, I never read the nav section as it’s intuitive not to need to read a guide.

Clearly this arrangement was an oversight/bug, I suspect it will be 'fixed' in a quick turn release. I don't think the UI designer had this layout in mind when designing the interface. I wish they would return to the 2-panel/2-App interface, there was nothing wrong with it and this current implementation makes it overall less configurable.

Other than the fact that the most common operations took way to many taps to access. The interface is way more streamlined and usable while driving.
I totally disagree..

Toggling climate on/off took 1 tap, now turning off takes two
Putting camera up use to take 1 tap, now takes two or a swipe (yeah that doesn't feel awkward)\
Switching to any app only took one tap, now you need to fumble through a pop up menu.

This UI is much more busy in terms of usage