Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Triple Upgrade -- One Happy Camper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is very important for each person to test out the various seats themselves before committing to a particular seat type. I have a Classic P85 with the original seat design. I broke my tailbone and found those seats to be very painful. Tesla then did the spring mod, which helped a little, but not enough. When the next gen seat retrofit became available, Tesla loaned me a car for a day to see whether I wanted to do the retrofit. I found the next gen seats to be more painful than the original seats in my car.

I recently had a loaner (VIN 64XXX) for the day that has the redesigned "regular" seats. I found those seats to be wonderful. Tesla states that the only difference between my modified seat and the seat in that loaner is the padding material that is used. Tesla will be providing me with a quote to redo my seat with that particular padding material.

So, each person is different. What works for one person may not work for another. Each buyer should make their own, independent determination as to which seat is best for him/her.

I recently had a loaner (VIN 64XXX) for the day that has the redesigned "regular" seats. I found those seats to be wonderful. Tesla states that the only difference between my modified seat and the seat in that loaner is the padding material that is used. Tesla will be providing me with a quote to redo my seat with that particular padding material.

That is not quite true. The headrests of the new "regular" seats (I call them 1.5 vs. 1.0 originals or 1.1 originals + spring mod) are further angled forward than the earlier cars and the headrests on the rear seats are taller than the earlier cars. I agree with your assessment that this are a significant improvement over the seats we originally got!