TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tripplanner for Phone App

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by GJ79, Aug 11, 2016.

1. GJ79

GJ79 Member

One thing I am realy missing on the Tesla app is the ability to search a Map location on my phone and send it to the tripplanner and be able to see what superchargers it would hit etc on my phone. I guess that would be something to add to the wishlist.....

• Like x 1
  2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Create a calendar entry on your phone from the map. Then sync your calendar with the car. Open the calendar on the car and select your entry. It will navigate to that location and choose chargers along the way to get you there.

• Like x 1
  3. Stiction

Stiction Member

evtripplanner as an android AP. Please. I will PAY. 8)

• Like x 2
  4. GJ79

GJ79 Member

I'll copy that for Iphone !

5. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

OK. I bite. How much would you pay for an App version of EVTripPlanner or it's equal?

What if the app was free but there was a subscription fee to do more than one or two trips a month?

6. DJung

DJung Member

I'd pay $5 for such an app, or even a donation too. A one time lifetime payment is definitely preferred but if the subscription fee was a decent amount I would maybe do it, just because I don't take that many road trips and I could just use the website or use the Tesla built in one (The app would be like a second opinion).

The one or two trips a month limitation would honestly kind of be too limiting, just because I personally like to plug in different destinations and play around with the trip planner to decide on a road trip destination. A two trip limit would just be a single round trip.

7. Stiction

Stiction Member

I would pay $10! So there 8)

8. GJ79

GJ79 Member

9. evp

evp Nerd

Might go 20. Certainly $10.

10. tliving

tliving Member

EVTripping.com was designed to be responsive and work on the Tesla Browser, Desktop browsers and Mobile Phones and Tablets. Give it a shot, its free.

11. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

At $10, I would buy an EVTripPlanner app in a heartbeat, assuming it does everything the desktop version does.

$20 is getting into the hesitation range. I'd probably wait until my next road trip, but I'd probably still buy it.