Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trish Regan Rocks - Tesla’s Fight to Keep Direct-Sale Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't use that one. They would probably agree saying that individuals should not be selling used cars and that new laws should be passed barring that practice.

I don't think would happen. The dealer lobby knows people already don't like them. Banning personal sales of used cars would only make it worse for them.

I wouldn't use that one. They would probably agree saying that individuals should not be selling used cars and that new laws should be passed barring that practice.

I would love... LOVE them to dare say that! Any tiny shred of support they might have left would be gone in an instant. No politician would dare get anywhere close to such law, so the probability of that coming to pass is near 0.

NADA spokesman sites the local economic impact dealerships have. Tesla employes and contractors are gainfully employed, pay taxes, and spend money locally just as well as dealer employes and their contractors.

If dealerships were non-for-profit, the big overhead of physcal inventory adds a lot to costs that most consumers don't want to pay for, even by the hypotetical non-for-profit dealership.

The implied idea that dealers somehow better serve consumers or the public interest because of the "hazardous materials" than a direct sales model is laughable on so many levels.

I don't think would happen. The dealer lobby knows people already don't like them. Banning personal sales of used cars would only make it worse for them.

I would love... LOVE them to dare say that! Any tiny shred of support they might have left would be gone in an instant. No politician would dare get anywhere close to such law, so the probability of that coming to pass is near 0.

Your implying the won't sink to a new low?

But they know how to play their cards, what they will do is give a mention of some incident when someone bought a used car from a person and ran into serious/fatal results. Then brush it off with, a statement that politicians should probably look into these kind of sales over breaking their franchised dealership model.

It would only end up playing into their cards.

Your implying the won't sink to a new low?

But they know how to play their cards, what they will do is give a mention of some incident when someone bought a used car from a person and ran into serious/fatal results. Then brush it off with, a statement that politicians should probably look into these kind of sales over breaking their franchised dealership model.

It would only end up playing into their cards.

The ensuing headline of "NADA suggests individuals shouldn't be able to sell to each other" would have people taking up pitchforks and torches and picketing dealerships.