Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Troll trying to say that electric cars are less efficient than ICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Calvin.K

After 10 seconds I cannot hear anymore the video that you posted. Anyway I would like to say that ICE cars have got to respect the second principle of thermodynamics and for this reason have an efficiency of about 20%. On the contrary the efficiency of electric cars is about 80%.

Those people are easy to find on any article about Tesla. All I can suggest is to remember that they're a dime a dozen and to try to remember you've got a dollar to spend. Don't waste your time trying to set them straight. Ignore them.

Don't know why we're even talking about one poster out of a b'zillion. Want more? Go to ANY article about Tesla. Google John Peterson. Find a Green Car Reports article. Motor Trend. Anything.

So Calvin, here's the thing ... every single video about Tesla, every article, every photo ... they ALL have some negative comments. You can't let that stuff bother you. It's just not worth even thinking about it twice. It's going to happen. We see those people come here on the forum, they're everywhere. It's not unusual, it's not something that is going away. You just can't give them your time. This guy is no different than thousands of others, other than the fact he posted below your video. My advice? Just let it go.

So Calvin, here's the thing ... every single video about Tesla, every article, every photo ... they ALL have some negative comments. You can't let that stuff bother you. It's just not worth even thinking about it twice. It's going to happen. We see those people come here on the forum, they're everywhere. It's not unusual, it's not something that is going away. You just can't give them your time. This guy is no different than thousands of others, other than the fact he posted below your video. My advice? Just let it go.
I usually do just let it go, when it is a issue about where the electricity comes from or how much co2 is produced by battery manufacturing etc. but when someone is so blatantly false on my own video it is hard to ignore.

Just total misinformation.

They never talk about the amount of Electricity, Steam and other fossil fuels are consumed simply to refine Oil into gas/diesel. Not to mention the fuel needed to transport the fuel to that filling station or the electricity required to run the filling station 24/7....

You would think that they would want to include that to be as accurate as possible...

I usually do just let it go, when it is a issue about where the electricity comes from or how much co2 is produced by battery manufacturing etc. but when someone is so blatantly false on my own video it is hard to ignore.
I dont like it when people talk about CO2 emissions from battery manufacturing yet leave out CO2 emissions from the drilling-pumping-transporting-refining-transporting cycle of gasoline. Gasoline does not exactly magically appear at gas stations.

I dont like it when people talk about CO2 emissions from battery manufacturing yet leave out CO2 emissions from the drilling-pumping-transporting-refining-transporting cycle of gasoline. Gasoline does not exactly magically appear at gas stations.

And neither does the gas / coal / oil / uranium magically arrive at the inefficient power station before the electricity is inefficiently transported into your battery! Not trolling here, but unless you run on 100% renewables then it's a bit of a moot point. For example, in the UK we still burn a lot of coal for our power, which IMO is a far worse way to run a car than running it on diesel.

I would hate to see a thread started for every troll on every video/article out on the web. Seriously, guys. Why are we giving this guy any time? He's not reading this thread. He's not even aware of it.

You are right Bonnie. But as EV enthusiasts we always react (in words of course because we have very good arguments from our side) when we see somebody trolling against EVs. It's stronger than us.