TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trolling for Model X P90D and DL owners interested in logging CAN data

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by lolachampcar, Feb 23, 2016.

1. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I was hoping there were a few Model X owners that would be interested in joining our data logging thread. It would be nice to compare some S with X data.

example of what we are doing

2. lolachampcar

Looks like we are adding to the group with a Model S P90D(L).

The X may pose a greater challenge in that Tesla has changed the diagnostics connector. The Roadster/early Model S connector is white while the newer cars appear to be being built with a blue connector. Initial work with the X will involve using insulated sockets over the Gnd, +12V, CAN+ and CAN- pins until we can source the proper mating connector shell for the new blue connector. Anyone considering participating may want to give this some thought.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Hey Bill, I would, but I think I have to wait until the mating connector arrives... the Model X is the "wife's car" and her tolerance for wiring harnesses hanging around is not exactly high. :) P90DL.

4. lolachampcar

Would absolutely love to have you join the data clan. I'm curious to see just how much Tesla changed the current ramp profiles to get the X so close to the S.

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Let me know when you figure out the mating to the new diagnostics connectors. In the meantime, things have gotten quite crazy lately and I'm trying to keep my head above water. :)