Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trolling for Model X P90D and DL owners interested in logging CAN data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we are adding to the group with a Model S P90D(L).

The X may pose a greater challenge in that Tesla has changed the diagnostics connector. The Roadster/early Model S connector is white while the newer cars appear to be being built with a blue connector. Initial work with the X will involve using insulated sockets over the Gnd, +12V, CAN+ and CAN- pins until we can source the proper mating connector shell for the new blue connector. Anyone considering participating may want to give this some thought.

Hey Bill, I would, but I think I have to wait until the mating connector arrives... the Model X is the "wife's car" and her tolerance for wiring harnesses hanging around is not exactly high. :) P90DL.

Would absolutely love to have you join the data clan. I'm curious to see just how much Tesla changed the current ramp profiles to get the X so close to the S.

Let me know when you figure out the mating to the new diagnostics connectors. In the meantime, things have gotten quite crazy lately and I'm trying to keep my head above water. :)