TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tropical Storm Flossie Radar Image

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Papafox, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Hoping you all have your Teslas nestled comfortably in their garages, waiting out the tropical storm. I had quite a few driving errands at work today and wanted to monitor the progression of Flossie as she marches up the island chain from the Big Island towards Oahu and Kauai. I am using a wunderground radar image which is updated regularly to keep me informed of when I really do need to head for cover. Here's the latest image. You can likely pull the same image up on your home computer or Tesla screen from the following link:
    http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=21.31861115&lon=-157.92222595&zoom=8&pin=Honolulu%20International%2c%20HI
    You may have to:
    * Move the center of the map a bit to the left to see the Big Island better
    * Get rid of the explanatory legends first time you bring up the map

Looks like the storm is about to wallop Hana Maui something fierce.

Best wishes to jeffdhood who must have had a very tough day at Kawaihae Harbor.

Papafox

Flossieradar.jpg

2. drtko147

drtko147 Member

Thanks for the link.

3. jeffdhood

jeffdhood Member

Mahalo nui Papafox! Yes, it was a long night in Kawaihae Harbor and the Port of Hilo. For better or worse, they're both my kuleana. We dodged another bullet, though. On a lighter note, looks and sounds like you guys had a great road rally. Perhaps someday we'll have inter-island ferries such that we can have one on this island.

4. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

jeffdhood, Holy Moly, you did have a busy night with those responsibilities. Glad things worked out okay!

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla radar indicates the bulk of Flossie will pass south of Oahu. Looks like windward residents are gonna get the plumerias and palm trees watered soon, though.
    Teslaradar2.jpg

5. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

Any reports of damage in the Kohala area? Father is from there and, while no longer here, I'm always interested in hearing about the area.

6. jeffdhood

jeffdhood Member

Kohala did not suffer any damage as far as I know. It is one of my favorite parts of Hawaii Island to visit.