Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble adding a profile picture.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI everyone, Thanks for the help. I am Robert Quinn and I am new to the site and I was very confused on how to set up my profile. I saw the little pop-up window that informed me that I had limited profile privileges and suggested that I read the forum rules. After reading the forum rules, the terms of service, and the advertising policy, I was surprised and confused that there was no mention of the limited profile privileges. Is there a Wiki, F.A.Q. or another page with a complete list of the limited profile privileges? If not It would be nice if the pop-up telling me that I have limited profile privileges had a link to a list of those limitations or requirements. After reading through several different forms with other users seeming confused on what is restricted I have discovered that added an "avatar" and adding a "signature" are restricted for new users I'm sure there are more features that are restricted but I am unaware of them and unsure where to find that info. Thank you to everyone for the help and thank you TMC for giving us this platform to connect and share. I am excited to participate more in this community and learn from all of you.

Helpful post! Why don’t they put this information in the Forum Guidelines? (Post #1)

Maybe to weed out the uncommitted? (Post #2)

I’m sorry if this is obnoxious. (Post #3)

I’ve been reading posts on this site for years, but needed to sign up in order to answer another member’s question. (Post #4)

Last edited by a moderator:
Helpful post! Why don’t they put this information in the Forum Guidelines? (Post #1)
It should be in a notice at the top of the page for new members. It says something like this:

Hi!
Welcome to TMC! Since you currently have few or no posts in the forum, you have somewhat limited profile privileges. You'll be able to do things like add a profile image after you've participated in the community a bit more. Please review the Forum Rules and happy posting!​

It should be in a notice at the top of the page for new members. It says something like this:

Hi!
Welcome to TMC! Since you currently have few or no posts in the forum, you have somewhat limited profile privileges. You'll be able to do things like add a profile image after you've participated in the community a bit more. Please review the Forum Rules and happy posting!​
I read this notice at the top of the page as well as the Forum Rules, and neither addressed the questions I found answered in this thread.