Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble adding a profile picture.

HI everyone, Thanks for the help. I am Robert Quinn and I am new to the site and I was very confused on how to set up my profile. I saw the little pop-up window that informed me that I had limited profile privileges and suggested that I read the forum rules. After reading the forum rules, the terms of service, and the advertising policy, I was surprised and confused that there was no mention of the limited profile privileges. Is there a Wiki, F.A.Q. or another page with a complete list of the limited profile privileges? If not It would be nice if the pop-up telling me that I have limited profile privileges had a link to a list of those limitations or requirements. After reading through several different forms with other users seeming confused on what is restricted I have discovered that added an "avatar" and adding a "signature" are restricted for new users I'm sure there are more features that are restricted but I am unaware of them and unsure where to find that info. Thank you to everyone for the help and thank you TMC for giving us this platform to connect and share. I am excited to participate more in this community and learn from all of you.

Helpful post! Why don’t they put this information in the Forum Guidelines? (Post #1)

Maybe to weed out the uncommitted? (Post #2)

I’m sorry if this is obnoxious. (Post #3)

I’ve been reading posts on this site for years, but needed to sign up in order to answer another member’s question. (Post #4)

Last edited by a moderator:

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Nov 28, 2006
SF Bay Area
Helpful post! Why don’t they put this information in the Forum Guidelines? (Post #1)
It should be in a notice at the top of the page for new members. It says something like this:

Hi!
Welcome to TMC! Since you currently have few or no posts in the forum, you have somewhat limited profile privileges. You'll be able to do things like add a profile image after you've participated in the community a bit more. Please review the Forum Rules and happy posting!​

It should be in a notice at the top of the page for new members. It says something like this:

Hi!
Welcome to TMC! Since you currently have few or no posts in the forum, you have somewhat limited profile privileges. You'll be able to do things like add a profile image after you've participated in the community a bit more. Please review the Forum Rules and happy posting!​
I read this notice at the top of the page as well as the Forum Rules, and neither addressed the questions I found answered in this thread.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC