Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble Connecting with App when Car is Asleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont know exactly when it started, but at least a few days ago. When I'm at home and I try to use the phone app to talk to my car, the circle just continually spins and never wakes the car up. My car doesnt have any updates waiting, I'm on the latest app, I've rebooted both my phone and my car (using the brake method even though I hear its no different than just using the buttons on the wheel alone). I've also tried with another phone and it doesnt wake it up either.

At home I'm within bluetooth range so if I lock/unlock the car it will wake up and the app works fine. I'm not sure what it is that isnt waking the car up. I've already scheduled a service appointment for next week, but if there's something I'm missing, I'd gladly cancel it.

For what its worth, I've had this car for over a year now and am very familiar with using the app, etc.

Anyone else have/having this issue?

Reactions: HellsKitchen
I dont know exactly when it started, but at least a few days ago. When I'm at home and I try to use the phone app to talk to my car, the circle just continually spins and never wakes the car up. My car doesnt have any updates waiting, I'm on the latest app, I've rebooted both my phone and my car (using the brake method even though I hear its no different than just using the buttons on the wheel alone). I've also tried with another phone and it doesnt wake it up either.

At home I'm within bluetooth range so if I lock/unlock the car it will wake up and the app works fine. I'm not sure what it is that isnt waking the car up. I've already scheduled a service appointment for next week, but if there's something I'm missing, I'd gladly cancel it.

For what its worth, I've had this car for over a year now and am very familiar with using the app, etc.

Anyone else have/having this issue?
I am. Here is my little adventure last weekend: Got Locked Out

• Informative
Reactions: Tha_Ape
I think mine might be different. My app seems to work for everything except waking the car up at home.

Turns out, I'm away from home right now and I'm not having any issues. Then again, the car probably isn't sleeping because sentry is on.

I canceled my appointment though, I have a work around at home and it doesn't seem to be an issue away from home

Reactions: HellsKitchen
I’m having the same issue. Wish they could figure it out. Read my posts if you like.