Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble plugging in.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had trouble plugging in my S tonight. It would not push in all the way into charge port. It does charge but slower than usual. Message on app says it may not be plugged in correctly. Anyone have this problem? Almost like the charge port shrank a mm!

Attachments

• IMG_5101.PNG
    IMG_5101.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
I know this might sound stupid but did you try to remove and to reinsert the charge cable? It might not be all the way in. You could also try disconnecting the cable and powering off the car for a minute and then retry once more. It wouldnt hurt either to restart the home breaker.

Edit: is there something physically blocking the charge port?

I know this might sound stupid but did you try to remove and to reinsert the charge cable? It might not be all the way in. You could also try disconnecting the cable and powering off the car for a minute and then retry once more. It wouldnt hurt either to restart the home breaker.

Edit: is there something physically blocking the charge port?
Yes. Tried replugging at wall. It is definitely not going in the port fully. I've noticed over time that there has been more resistance to inserting the plug in the past few months. Will take cable to service center. Hopefully can get in without appointments