Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble setting up Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently changed over from a 2018 M3 to a MY. My first mistake was simply taking the hub and drive (see photos below) and just plugging it in and expecting it to work. I noticed that I wasn't able to review sentry mode events so I brought the drive and checked it on my pc and realized it hasn't been recording. At this point I did a search on setting it up for the Y and found a Youtube video where the guy just plugged in the drive and was able to format directly from the screen. I tried doing the same. In the video, he was using a thumb drive and it formatted almost instantaneously. I clicked on format and it's been about 20 minutes and the button is still grayed out. I'm assuming the drive is okay since it was working on the M3. Are there limitations to the size of drive it can format? Is it supposed to erase everything and add the, "Teslacam" folder? Any help would be appreciated. For reference, the drive is a Samsung T5, 500gb.

C3616265-8319-4B59-A6DC-A0BDD63D62B4.jpg

9F2BA43E-A7E3-486D-8C12-5DDD8CFEA2D0.jpg

For whatever reason, it has fixed itself. I went back out and the Format drive button was clickable again. I clicked on it for format and in a few seconds, it reappeared. Then I honked and reviewed the footage and it showed the clip. New problem though but I'll create a new post since it's not really relevant to this particular issue.