Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble shutting the X Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the issue of shutting their frunk with ease on the X? I ask as my wife cannot for the life of her shut it with all
her might. I always have to step in and generally shut with just a bit of force but she lacks the upper body strength to close the frunk by herself.
On the Model S, she can easily shut the front trunk and I also notice that it is tons easier to shut than the X.
We have kids stuff in the back and need to use the front trunk on a daily basis but it is soooo hard to shut for her.
I did ask the SC a while back to move the latch assembly up a bit to allow for easier closing but that completely disrupted the body lines and the frunk just looked like it was unlatched at all times.

Any word or is it just our X that is frunked up!?

There are 4 round rubber stoppers under the hood of the car, 2 larger ones on the front leading edge and 2 smaller ones on the side edges near the hinges.

I don't believe that the 2 larger ones are adjustable, but the 2 smaller ones may need to be adjusted to allow for easier closing.

Larger non-adjusting forward stopper:
jAIZgMZ.jpg

Smaller (potentially) adjusting side stopper:
YMeCJwZ.jpg

Last edited:
My wife had a ton of troubles at first (lacked upper body strength), now she's able to close it by placing her hands as directed on the hood and locking her arms then leaning in with her torso.

I've noticed it easier for her to do this prior to clicking the 1-click close all. She's never able to close it if I already locked all the doors.

There are 4 round rubber stoppers under the hood of the car, 2 larger ones on the front leading edge and 2 smaller ones on the side edges near the hinges.

I don't believe that the 2 larger ones are adjustable, but the 2 smaller ones may need to be adjusted to allow for easier closing.

Larger non-adjusting forward stopper:
jAIZgMZ.jpg

Smaller (potentially) adjusting side stopper:
YMeCJwZ.jpg
You're the he best. Thanks!

My wife had a ton of troubles at first (lacked upper body strength), now she's able to close it by placing her hands as directed on the hood and locking her arms then leaning in with her torso.

I've noticed it easier for her to do this prior to clicking the 1-click close all. She's never able to close it if I already locked all the doors.

I've found this way to be most effective. Lean into the hood to close rather than pushing down.