TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Trouble shutting the X Frunk

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by EV Family, Oct 27, 2016.

1. EV Family

EV Family Like Tesla

Has anyone had the issue of shutting their frunk with ease on the X? I ask as my wife cannot for the life of her shut it with all
    her might. I always have to step in and generally shut with just a bit of force but she lacks the upper body strength to close the frunk by herself.
    On the Model S, she can easily shut the front trunk and I also notice that it is tons easier to shut than the X.
    We have kids stuff in the back and need to use the front trunk on a daily basis but it is soooo hard to shut for her.
    I did ask the SC a while back to move the latch assembly up a bit to allow for easier closing but that completely disrupted the body lines and the frunk just looked like it was unlatched at all times.

Any word or is it just our X that is frunked up!?

2. outie

outie Active Member

I have to push it with both hands 2-3 times to shut it, so I can imagine your wife is having trouble shutting it. I think it's normal unless both of our Xs are frunked up.

• Funny x 1
  3. Phil Seastrand

I find the Model X frunk much easier to close than the loaner Model S's that I've had. Maybe have the SC check the adjustments.

4. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

#4 vandacca, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    There are 4 round rubber stoppers under the hood of the car, 2 larger ones on the front leading edge and 2 smaller ones on the side edges near the hinges.

I don't believe that the 2 larger ones are adjustable, but the 2 smaller ones may need to be adjusted to allow for easier closing.

Larger non-adjusting forward stopper:
    [​IMG]
    Smaller (potentially) adjusting side stopper:
    [​IMG]

5. LuckyX

LuckyX Stormtrooper X60D, Autopilot, and Hitch

My wife had a ton of troubles at first (lacked upper body strength), now she's able to close it by placing her hands as directed on the hood and locking her arms then leaning in with her torso.

I've noticed it easier for her to do this prior to clicking the 1-click close all. She's never able to close it if I already locked all the doors.

• Like x 2
  6. EV Family

EV Family Like Tesla

You're the he best. Thanks!

7. b00st3d

b00st3d Member

Yep I had to adjust the two side ones down quite a bit as the frunk was higher than the fenders when closed. It made the frunk close easier after i adjusted them.

8. Nismode

Nismode Member

I've found this way to be most effective. Lean into the hood to close rather than pushing down.