Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble signing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ElBecko

Nov 9, 2007
I just joined and had a lot of trouble with the part where it shows the six letters and numbers and has you enter them. It took me three tries to get it right and on my firt try I refreshed it about 5 times and couldn't figure nay of them out (including the one I submitted). In fact most of them seem to have only 5 letters and numbers so I thought there was something wrong with the text (there are six ...). Maybe it's because I'm on an old laptop with not such a sharp screen but it was very hard to get it right.:confused:

Thanks for the feedback
It is there to prevent spam bots from recognizing the letters.
I will consider if there is another option that will be easier.
Thanks again for making me aware of your experience.

Did anyone else have a lot of trouble with this?
If you are curious as to what he is talking about and you signed up when we were still using the smf
forum instead of vbulletin, then logout, click register and you'll see, on one of the pages where you fill
in your info, what hes talking about.
dsacks6

I am used to those jumbled letters screens these days from other forums, home banking sites, and particularly for "whois lookup" sites.

The letters/numbers are intentionally made hard to recognize so that "OCR" software can't let a spam bot program do it automatically.

Dsacks, I would be careful about making it too much easier to create IDs here.
We finally have a spam free site.

It is only a one time inconvenience. If anyone has trouble reading the codes, try creating an ID using a different computer.

I've seen quite a few sites that has these scrambled letters during signup also has an option for te computer to read the text aloud for you. Maybe that is a plugin you can add to the registration process, that way people have 2 options.

Cobos