Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble Using Tesla's Funds Transfer System to Pay for New Model S

My new Red 2022 Model S is due to arrive in two weeks. I have tried to use Tesla's "Plaid Funds Transfer System" to transfer the remaining balance due on my car from my U.S. Bank Savings Account to Tesla. However, every time the Tesla system gains entry to my U.S. Bank accounts, and I select my savings account (but BEFORE I have selected any funds to transfer, the Tesla system ALWAYS crashes and displays the following message: "There was an Error Processing Your Order."

I have been in touch with the U.S. Bank IT people, and they studied the problem from this end. They concluded that the U.S. Bank computers had given the Tesla software clear access at this end, and there was no historical record of U.S. Bank ever having issued such an error message; therefore, the problem must lie with Tesla. Does anyone out there know how I get in touch with the proper IT folks at Tesla to resolve this issue? HELP!

travwill

May 1, 2015
Marble Falls, TX
My new Red 2022 Model S is due to arrive in two weeks. I have tried to use Tesla's "Plaid Funds Transfer System" to transfer the remaining balance due on my car from my U.S. Bank Savings Account to Tesla. However, every time the Tesla system gains entry to my U.S. Bank accounts, and I select my savings account (but BEFORE I have selected any funds to transfer, the Tesla system ALWAYS crashes and displays the following message: "There was an Error Processing Your Order."

I have been in touch with the U.S. Bank IT people, and they studied the problem from this end. They concluded that the U.S. Bank computers had given the Tesla software clear access at this end, and there was no historical record of U.S. Bank ever having issued such an error message; therefore, the problem must lie with Tesla. Does anyone out there know how I get in touch with the proper IT folks at Tesla to resolve this issue? HELP!
Haven't heard of this happening.
Can you just initiate a wire instead as an option to a Tesla ABA/Account#?

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
Try transferring the money into a checking account and transferring from there. It may be looking for an account to process an electronic check, and not just a withdrawal. I personally wouldn't do the transfer until after you see the car and approve it on the day of delivery. I did this on a Sunday. Take a paper personal check as a backup. Something tells me if there is a problem at delivery, the Tesla store will get it fixed quickly. Besides, you may reject the car, and Tesla does not reverse the transferred amounts for weeks or months. No hurry to pay ahead of time, They just keep wanting you to.

Thanks for the great feedback, guys. After spending hours working with my bank (U. S. Bank) to ensure the problem is not on their end, I think I'll just arrive on D Day with a bank cashiers check in my pocket for the full amount. Then if I like what I see, I'll just hand the check over (and I can handle any minor additions with a personal check).

WiLz

Jun 20, 2021
California
Thanks for the great feedback, guys. After spending hours working with my bank (U. S. Bank) to ensure the problem is not on their end, I think I'll just arrive on D Day with a bank cashiers check in my pocket for the full amount. Then if I like what I see, I'll just hand the check over (and I can handle any minor additions with a personal check).
I paid with cashiers check after inspecting the car, no problems. There have been cases of people paying upfront, and then having problems with delivery, and leaving without a car but now the money is just sitting in Tesla's account.

Reactions: Drew-MS

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC