TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Trouble with homelink/garage door under 6.1, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ADN_ModelS, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ADN_ModelS

ADN_ModelS Member

After installing 6.1 on my Sig P85 the homelink garage door didn't work any more. The icon would show up at home, but touching it would not open the door. I figured that it had just "forgotten", so I deleted it and tried to re-add it. Now, when re-adding it, it just sits there, and never learns the remote: meaning, I invoke the learning mode, go to the front of the car and press the garage door button on the remote, but it never flashes the lights indicating that it's learned the code.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this trouble, or if it's specific to my car. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. Majerus

Majerus Member

My garage door wouldnt open unless I was real close to it after 6.1 update, I thought i was that specific door, but the other side seemed fine. I would call service and ask them to look at logs.

3. Killface

Killface Member

Uh oh. Mine's been acting a little finicky for the last week or so, and I didn't get the update until last night. I'll let you know if mine gets even worse.

4. DCWitt

DCWitt Member

As I was leaving yesterday, the door went up just fine, backed out of the garage and the door would not go down. I got out and walked in to manually close the door. When I arrived back home, the door opened and closed normally and has worked correctly since. This is the first problem I have had with homelink in my 22 months with my P85. I had just installed 6.1 a few days ago, so I probably should do a bug report.

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

I have had issues since upgrading to 6.1 but eventually the door did respond. But I don't have a huge pre 6.1 sample to compare it to.

6. commasign

commasign Active Member

The homelink on my P85D feels a lot weaker than on my old P85. Sometimes it takes several tries before opening or closing the garage whereas on my P85, it was pretty much 100% responsive.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Seems about the same on my S85.

8. Notacarguy

Notacarguy Member

No issues for me

9. clmazin

clmazin Member

This won't solve any problems for people who have already programmed their HomeLink and are encountering issues, but if you're reprogramming and not getting the flashing headlight confirmation, make sure you're holding your remote no more than an inch from the front bumper.

The illustration shows the remote about a foot away from the bumper, but that never worked for me. Getting it really close? Worked right away.

10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I haven't had a problem. I occasionally have had to press it a second time, before and after the update, but pretty rarely. Just updated on 1-21

11. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Working the same on my P85D on 6.1 as it did on my old P85 for years.

12. gzerninplatz

gzerninplatz Member

I do hope that all of you with these issues are reporting them to Tesla...

13. ADN_ModelS

ADN_ModelS Member

So, thank you to the advice from someone on this thread, I was able to reprogram the home link. Key was to hold it SUPER close to the bumper. Now it works, but 6.1 does seem less powerful, so I need to be closer to the garage to open it.