TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trouble with Sentry cam

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Blue1, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Blue1

Blue1 Member

Here recently my Tesla cam footage has only recorded 5 second clips and it’s playing on repeat.I have a Sandisk 250 SSD.

2. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

What troubleshooting have you done already? did you re format it using the cars interface? Take it out of the car and connect it to your computer to reformat it? what file system is it currently formatted in?

(pet peeve time.... I support users at my job, and its frustrating when they say "XXX doesnt work", because that tells you almost nothing).

How about some more information so that those who want to try to help you can do so?

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Blue1

Blue1 Member

I did a format using the cars interface because of what it was doing. Haven’t taken out to format on pc. It’s formatted in FAT32

4. lUtriaNt

lUtriaNt Member

if you formatted in the car that's the best way to make sure the card will function properly.

5. Gasaraki

Gasaraki Member

If you actually used the car to format and you have a 250GB SSD, it should have format it as exFAT.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

Ok, thats a start :)

As @Gasaraki states, if you were able to successfully re format it using the car's interface to do so, it (your "sandisk 250 SSD") is no longer fat32 as the cars native format is now exFAT. Formatting it in the car is the best way to ensure it works for sentry mode. Are you still having the same issue after formatting it using the car's interface?

• Helpful x 1
  7. Blue1

Blue1 Member

Yes, I am still having the same issue. It’s been working fine up until now.

8. lUtriaNt

lUtriaNt Member

so try a different card.